WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled “The Internet and Digital Communications: Examining the Impact of Global Internet Governance,” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 31, 2018. The hearing will review international internet policies that are impacting the competitiveness, investment, and innovation opportunities of U.S. businesses domestically and abroad in today’s global digital economy.
- The Honorable Michael Chertoff, Former Secretary of Homeland Security and Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, The Chertoff Group
- Mr. James Bladel, Vice President of Policy, GoDaddy
- Dr. Roslyn Layton, Ph.D., Visiting Scholar, The American Enterprise Institute
- Mr. Christopher Painter, Commissioner, Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace
- Ms. Denise Zheng, Vice President, Policy, The Business Roundtable
*Witness list subject to change.
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.