02:30 PM Russell 253
U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security, will convene a hearing on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, at 2:30 p.m. entitled, “Maritime Transportation: Opportunities and Challenges.” The hearing will focus on the U.S. maritime industry, the state of the nation’s maritime transportation system and its current challenges, and the ways in which Federal policy and programs could enhance its performance. This hearing will also inform the upcoming reauthorization of the U.S. Maritime Administration.
- The Honorable Mark H. Buzby, USN, Ret., Administrator, Maritime Administration
- The Honorable Michael Khouri, Acting Chairman, Federal Maritime Commission
- Rear Admiral James Helis, USMS, Superintendent, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Mr. Craig Middlebrook, Deputy Administrator, Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
The Honorable Mark H. Buzby USN, Ret.,AdministratorMaritime Administration
The Honorable Michael KhouriActing ChairmanFederal Maritime Commission
Rear Admiral James Helis USMSSuperintendentU.S. Merchant Marine Academy
Mr. Craig MiddlebrookDeputy AdministratorSaint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation