WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) will convene a hearing at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday, April 12, 2018, entitled “Are We Ready for the Next Hurricane Season? Status of Preparation and Response Capabilities for 2018.” The hearing will examine the status of local and federal agencies’ recovery from the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season, and ongoing preparation for the 2018 season.
Panel 1 (testimony only):
- Mr. Chuck Lindsey, City Manager, Marathon, Florida
- Mr. Jamie Miller, Deputy Director for Governmental Affairs and Chief Innovation Officer, Mississippi Development Authority
- Ms. Jennifer Pipa, Regional Chief Executive Officer, American Red Cross of Central Florida
Panel 2 (testimony followed by questions):
- Rear Admiral Tim Gallaudet, Ph.D., USN Ret., Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere and Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Rear Admiral Linda Fagan, Deputy Commandant for Operations, Policy, and Capabilities, U.S. Coast Guard
- T. Bella Dinh-Zarr, Ph.D., Member, National Transportation Safety Board
*Witness lists subject to change.
Thursday, April 12, 2018
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.