09:30 AM Russell 253
WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Preparing for Maritime Transportation in a Changing Arctic,” at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2018. The hearing will examine emerging transportation issues in the changing Arctic region, including increases in vessel traffic and the resulting need for updates in waterway management, infrastructure investment, and domain awareness.
- Mr. Willie Goodwin, Chairman, Arctic Waterways Safety Committee
- Mr.Andrew Hartsig, Director, Arctic Program, Ocean Conservancy
- Ms. Kathy Metcalf, President and CEO, Chamber of Shipping of America
- Captain Ed Page, Executive Director, Marine Exchange of Alaska
*Witness list subject to change.
Thursday, December 6, 2018
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Willie GoodwinChairmanArctic Waterways Safety Committee
Andrew HartsigDirectorArctic Program, Ocean Conservancy
Ms. Kathy MetcalfPresident and CEOChamber of Shipping of America
Captain Ed PageExecutive DirectorMarine Exchange of Alaska