U.S. Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), a member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a full committee hearing titled “Pipeline Safety in the Merrimack Valley: Incident Prevention and Response,” at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018, at the South Lawrence East Middle School Gymnasium. This hearing will focus on the September 13, 2018, natural gas pipeline explosions and fires in Lawrence and Andover, Mass., that killed one, injured over two dozen, and damaged over 100 structures, as well as response efforts by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Honorable Robert L. Sumwalt, Chairman, National Transportation Safety Board
- The Honorable Matthew A. Beaton, Secretary, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Mr. Steve Bryant, President, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- Mr. Joe Hamrock, President and Chief Executive Officer, NiSource
- Mr. Richard Kuprewicz, President, Accufacts Inc.
- Mr. Paul Roberti, Chief Counsel, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- The Honorable Dan Rivera, Mayor, City of Lawrence
- Mr. Michael B. Mansfield, Fire Chief, Andover Fire Rescue
- Ms. Tina Messina, Owner of Wine Connextion
*Witness list subject to change.
Monday, November 26, 2018
South Lawrence East Middle School Gymnasium
165 Crawford Street, Lawrence, Mass.
Witness Panel 1
Honorable Robert L. SumwaltChairmanNational Transportation Safety Board
Honorable Matthew A. BeatonSecretaryMassachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Mr. Joe HamrockPresident and Chief Executive OfficerNiSource
Mr. Richard KuprewiczPresidentAccufacts Inc.
Mr. Paul RobertiChief CounselPipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
Mr. Michael B. MansfieldFire ChiefAndover Fire Rescue
Witness Panel 2
Honorable Dan RiveraMayorCity of Lawrence
Ms. Tina Steve MessinaaOwnerWine Connextion