WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and the Coast Guard, will convene a hearing titled “The State of Our Salmon,” at 10:30 a.m. ADT/2:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday, October 20, 2018 at the Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center in Anchorage, Alaska. This hearing will review the health of Alaska’s salmon fisheries and examine the current data and information necessary for maintaining healthy and sustainable stocks.
Witness Panel I:
- Mr. Sam Cotten, Commissioner, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Mr. Chris Oliver, Assistant Administrator for Fisheries, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Witness Panel II:
- Dr. Milo Adkison, Professor and Chair, Department of Fisheries, College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Dr. Betsy Baker, Executive Director, North Pacific Research Board
- Ms. Karen Gillis, Executive Director, Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Ms. Katrina Hoffman, President and CEO, Prince William Sound Science Center
- Ms. Mary Sattler Peltola, Executive Director, Kuskokwim River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
*Witness list subject to change.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
10:30 a.m. ADT/2:30 p.m. EDT
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and the Coast Guard
Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center
600 W 7th Ave
Room 4, Second Floor
Witness testimony and opening statements will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov. Media interested in attending the event should contact Matt Shuckerow, firstname.lastname@example.org.