U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt (R-M.O.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security, will convene a legislative hearing titled “TSA Modernization: Improvements to Aviation Security” at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 28, 2017. The hearing will examine key reform proposals in upcoming legislation to reform and improve aviation security policy and programs at the TSA. This hearing builds on Committee oversight efforts following a February 2017 subcommittee hearing that explored stakeholder perspectives on how TSA can better serve the traveling public.
- Mr. Brian Weiler, Director of Aviation, Springfield-Branson National Airport
- Mr. Stephen Alterman, President, Cargo Airline Association; Chairman, Aviation Security Advisory Committee
- Ms. Sissy Pressnell, Vice President of Strategic Business Development and Stakeholder Relations, Smiths Detection; Vice Chair, Security Manufacturers Coalition
- Mr. Michael White, Vice President, Government & Industry Relations, Cargo Networks Services Corp, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Ms. Sissy PressnellVice President of Strategic Business Development and Stakeholder Relations, Smiths Detection; Vice ChairSecurity Manufacturers Coalition
Mr. Stephen AltermanPresidentCargo Airline Association
Mr. Brian WeilerDirector of AviationSpringfield-Branson National Airport
Mr. Michael WhiteVice PresidentGovernment & Industry Relations, Cargo Networks Services Corp, International Air Transport Association