WASHINGTON – The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation will hold an executive session on Wednesday, October 4 at 10:00 a.m. in Hart 216 to consider the following legislative measures and nominations.
Click here for additional information on nominees.
1. S. 1885, AV START Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.)
2. S 1872, TSA Modernization Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)
3. S. 1015, the National Suicide Hotline Improvement Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), Dean Heller (R-Nev.), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Tom Udall (D-N.M.)
4. Nomination of Ann Marie Buerkle, to be Chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and to be a Commissioner of the CPSC for a term of seven years
5. Nomination of Walter G. Copan, of Colorado, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology
6. Nomination of Howard R. Elliott, of Indiana, to be Administrator of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Department of Transportation
7. Nomination of Timothy Gallaudet, of California, to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
8. Nomination of David J. Redl, of New York, to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information
*Agenda subject to change
Executive Session Details:
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Full Committee Markup
Senate Hart Building 216
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available at www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: S. 1534 removed from the agenda on 10/3/2017, Title of S. 1885 added 10/4/2017