The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation will hold an executive session on Wednesday, August 2 at 10:00 a.m. in Hart 216 to consider the following legislative measures and nominations.
Click here for additional information on nominees.
1. S. 374, Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.V.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
2. S. 754, Cyber Scholarship Opportunities Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
3. S. 1322, American Fisheries Advisory Committee Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)
4. S. 1425, Coordinated Ocean Monitoring and Research Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
5. S. 1532, No Human Trafficking on Our Roads Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
6. S. 1536, Combating Human Trafficking in Commercial Vehicles Act, Sponsors: Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
7. S. 1586, Great Lakes Environmental Sensitivity Index Act, Sponsors: Sens. Gary Peters (D-Mich.), Todd Young (R-Ind.)
8. S. 1621, A bill to require the Federal Communications Commission to establish a methodology for the collection by the Commission of information about commercial mobile service and commercial mobile data service, and for other purposes, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.)
9. Nomination of Ajit Varadaraj Pai, of Kansas, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission (Reappointment)
10. Nomination of Jessica Rosenworcel, of Connecticut, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission (Reappointment)
11. Nomination of Brendan Carr, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission (to complete a term and for a new term beginning July 1, 2018)
12. Nomination of Peter B. Davidson, of Virginia, to be General Counsel of the Department of Commerce
13. Nomination of Karen Dunn Kelley, of Pennsylvania, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Economic Affairs
14. Nomination of Elizabeth Erin Walsh, of the District of Columbia, to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Director General of the United States and Foreign Commercial Service
15. Nomination of Steven Gill Bradbury, of Virginia, to be General Counsel of the Department of Transportation
16. Nomination of Mark Buzby, of Virginia, to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration
17. Nomination of Ronald L. Batory, of New Jersey, to be Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration
18. Nomination of Robert L. Sumwalt III, of South Carolina, to be Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board
*Agenda subject to change
Results of the hearing can be found here.
Executive Session Details:
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Full Committee Markup
Senate Hart Building 216
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available at www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Bill title for S.1586 changed on 7/28. NTIA nomination removed from the agenda on 8/2.
Chairman John Thune