U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene the rescheduled hearing titled “Efforts on Marine Debris in the Oceans and Great Lakes” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 25, 2017. The subcommittee hearing will explore solutions to marine debris and provide oversight of current government efforts to clean up debris in our nation’s oceans and waterways.
- Mr. David Balton, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oceans and Fisheries, U.S. Department of State
- Ms. Nancy Wallace, Director of Marine Debris Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Dr. Melissa Duhaime, Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Second panel added to witness list on 7/24.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. David BaltonDeputy Assistant Secretary for Oceans and FisheriesU.S. Department of State
Ms. Nancy WallaceDirector of Marine Debris ProgramNational Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Witness Panel 2
Dr. Melissa DuhaimeAssistant ProfessorUniversity of Michigan