U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled “The Universal Service Fund and Rural Broadband Investment” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2017. The subcommittee will examine the Federal Communications Commission’s Universal Service Fund and its capabilities for the deployment of broadband in rural America.
- Mr. Michael Balhoff, CFA, Senior Partner, Charlesmead Advisors, LLC
- Ms. Shirley Bloomfield, Chief Executive Officer, NTCA - The Rural Broadband Association
- Mr. Eric Graham, Senior Vice President, Strategic Relations, C Spire
- Dr. Karen Rheuban, Medical Director for the Office of Telemedicine and Director for the Center for Telehealth, University of Virginia
* Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: Witness added on 6/15/2017.
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Michael BalhoffCFA, Senior PartnerCharlesmead Advisors, LLC
Ms. Shirley BloomfieldChief Executive OfficerNTCA-The Rural Broadband Association
Mr. Eric GrahamSenior Vice President, Strategic RelationsC Spire
Dr. Karen RheubanMedical Director for the Office of Telemedicine; Director for the Center for TelehealthUniversity of Virginia
Chairman Roger Wicker