U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene a hearing titled “Marine Sanctuaries: Fisheries, Access, the Environment, and Maritime Heritage” at 9:30 a.m.* on Tuesday, June 27, 2017. The subcommittee hearing will provide oversight of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Marine Sanctuaries Program. The hearing will also explore the new nomination process for sanctuaries and how sanctuaries can contribute to the economy.
· Capt. Scott Hickman, Owner, Circle H Outfitters
· Capt. Jeremiah O’Brien, Former President, Morro Bay Commercial Fishermen’s Association
· Mr. Ernest Weiss, Natural Resources Director, Aleutians East Borough, AK
· Vice Admiral Conrad Lautenbacher Jr., Former Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
* Witness list subject to change.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253.Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*The hearing was originally scheduled for 10:00 a.m.
Witness Panel 1
Capt. Scott HickmanOwnerCircle H Outfitters
Capt. Jeremiah O'BrienFormer PresidentMorro Bay Commercial Fishermen’s Association
Mr. Ernest WeissNatural Resources DirectorAleutians East Borough, AK
Vice Admiral Conrad Lautenbacher Jr.Former AdministratorNational Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Chairman Dan Sullivan