WASHINGTON – The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation today approved six bills, including the U.S. Coast Guard reauthorization.
Bills and nominations approved are as follows by voice vote:
1. S. 1129, Coast Guard Authorization Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
2. S. 118, Reinforcing American-Made Products Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.V.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Angus King (I-Maine)
3. S. 396, A bill to make technical amendments to certain marine fish conservation statutes, and for other purposes, Sponsors: Sens. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
4. S. 793, Shark Fin Trade Elimination Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Dick Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.V.), Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), John McCain (R-Ariz.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.) Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
5. S. 1057, A bill to amend the Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act of 1998 to address harmful algal blooms, Sponsors: Sens. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio)
6. S. 1096, Maritime Administration Authorization and Enhancement Act for Fiscal Year 2018, Sponsors: Sens. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
5/18/17 -- Corrects a link to an outdated version of S. 1129 (substitute amendment).