WASHINGTON – The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation will hold an executive session on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. in Dirksen 106 to consider the following legislative measures and nominations.
Click here for additional information on nominees.
1. S. 1693, Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Shelley Capito (R-W.Va.), Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), along with 25 cosponsors.
2. S. 1668, A bill to rename a waterway in the State of New York as the “Joseph Sanford Jr. Channel”, Sponsor: Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)
3. Nomination of Dana Baiocco, of Ohio, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission for a term of seven years from October 27, 2017
4. Nomination of James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
5. Nomination of Neil Jacobs, of North Carolina, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce
6. Nomination of Bruce Landsberg, of South Carolina, to be a Member of the National Transportation Safety Board for a term expiring December 31, 2022
7. Nomination of Raymond Martinez, of New Jersey, to be Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
8. Nomination of Nazakhtar Nikakhtar, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce
9. Nomination of Diana Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation
10. Nomination of Leon A. Westmoreland, of Georgia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors for a term of five years
*Agenda subject to change
Results of the markup are available here.
Executive Session Details:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Full Committee Markup
Senate Dirksen Building 106
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available at www.commerce.senate.gov.
Chairman John Thune