U.S. Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) will convene a field hearing titled, “Expanding Broadband Infrastructure in the Granite State,” on Friday October 13, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in Keene, New Hampshire. The hearing will examine the deployment of broadband infrastructure, especially in rural areas.
Witnesses:- The Honorable Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Mr. Joshua Cyr, Director, Education and Acceleration, Alpha Loft
- Mr. Mike Reed, State President, Consolidated Communications
- Mr. Brian Shepperd, Director Broadband Services, University of New Hampshire
- Mr. Grant Spellmeyer, Vice President – Federal Affairs & Public Policy, US Cellular
- Mr. Tom Strickland, President & Co-Owner, Sequoya Technologies
* Witness list subject to change
Friday, October 13, 2017
10:00 a.m. EDT
Keene State College
Centennial Hall Alumni Center
229 Main St.
Witness testimony and opening statements will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov. Media interested in attending the event should contact Ricki Eshman at Ricki_Eshman@hassan.senate.gov or (202) 228-1041.
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Jessica RosenworcelCommissionerFederal Communications Commission
Mr. Joshua CyrDirectorAlpha Loft
Mr. Mike ReedState PresidentConsolidated Communications
Mr. Brian ShepperdDirector Broadband ServicesUniversity of New Hampshire
Mr. Grant SpellmeyerVice PresidentFederal Affairs & Public Policy, US Cellular
Mr. Tom StricklandPresident & Co-OwnerSequoya Technologies