WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene two nominations hearings, the first on October 31 and the second on November 1, to consider eight presidential nominations to departments and independent agencies under the committee’s jurisdiction.
Tuesday, October 31 hearing:
- The Honorable Leon A. Westmoreland, of Georgia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
- Ms. Diana Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be Assistant Secretary of Transportation for Research and Technology
- Mr. Bruce Landsberg, of South Carolina, to be a Member of the National Transportation Safety Board
- Mr. Raymond Martinez, of New Jersey, to be Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Wednesday, November 1 hearing:
- The Honorable James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Ms. Dana Baiocco, of Ohio, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Dr. Neil Jacobs, of North Carolina, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Environmental Observation and Prediction
- Ms. Nazakhtar Nikakhtar of Maryland to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Industry and Analysis
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Both hearings will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.