U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), chairman of the Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “NASA at a Crossroads: Reasserting American Leadership in Space Exploration” on Wednesday, July 13, 2016, at 2:30 p.m.
The hearing will focus on the importance of ensuring consistency in policy to best leverage investments made in human space exploration. The hearing will also explore questions facing the agency related to the upcoming presidential transition.
- Mr. William H. Gerstenmaier, Associate Administrator of Human Exploration and Operations, NASA
- Dr. Mary Lynne Dittmar, Executive Director, Coalition for Deep Space Exploration
- Mr. Mike Gold, Vice President of Washington Operations, SSL
- Mr. Mark Sirangelo, Vice President of Space Systems Group, Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Professor Dan Dumbacher, Professor of Engineering Practice, Purdue University
* Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
2:30 p.m. ET
Senate Russell Building 253
Witness testimony, opening statements, and a livestream will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
Witness Panel 1
Dr. Mary Lynne DittmarExecutive DirectorCoalition for Deep Space Exploration
Professor Dan DumbacherProfessor of Engineering PracticePurdue University
Mr. William H. GerstenmaierAssociate Administrator of Human Exploration and OperationsNASA
Mr. Mike GoldVice President of Washington OperationsSSL
Mr. Mark SirangeloVice President of Space Systems GroupSierra Nevada Corporation