WASHINGTON – The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation today approved three bills, including the Small Business Broadband Deployment Act of 2015 which provides relief from regulatory burdens disproportionately affecting small internet providers. The committee also approved four nominations.
Bills and nominations approved are as follows (all approved by voice vote):
1. S. 2283, Small Business Broadband Deployment Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), James Risch (R-Idaho), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
2. S. 1490, Seniors Fraud Prevention Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
3. S. 3038, Coastal Coordination Act of 2016, Sponsors: Sens. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
4. Nominations for promotion in the Coast Guard
5. Nomination of Rebecca F. Dye, to be a Federal Maritime Commissioner (reappointment)
6. Nomination of Blair Anderson, to be Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy
Click here for additional information on nominees.
** 6/16/16 update: The Klobuchar amendment to S.1490 was not offered at the markup. The original press release stated that S.1490 passed with the amendment.