The State of the U.S. Maritime Industry: Stakeholder Perspectives
U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), chair of the Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security Subcommittee, will hold a hearing titled “The State of the U.S. Maritime Industry: Stakeholder Perspectives” on Wednesday, April 20, at *10:15 a.m. The first hearing in this series on March 8 examined the federal role in the U.S. maritime industry.
The hearing will examine the state of the U.S. maritime industry from the perspective of ports, shippers, carriers, and labor to guide the reauthorization of the U.S. Maritime Administration. Witnesses have been asked to discuss current trends, opportunities and challenges in the U.S. maritime transportation system, and how federal policy and programs could enhance its performance.
· Mr. Mark McAndrews, Port Director, Port of Pascagoula and Chairman-Elect, American Association of Port Authorities
· Mr. Perry Bourne, Director of International Transportation and Rail Operations, Tyson Fresh Meats
· Mr. Michael Roberts, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Crowley Maritime Corporation
· Mr. Klaus Luhta, Chief of Staff, International Organization of Master, Mates, & Pilots
* Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security Subcommittee hearing
This hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Mark McAndrewsPort Director, Port of Pascagoula andChairman-Elect, American Association of Port Authorities
Mr. Perry BourneDirecotr of International Transportation and Rail OperationsTyson Fresh Meats
Mr. Michael RobertsSenior Vice President and General CounselCrowley Maritime Corporation
Mr. Klaus LuhtaChief of StaffInternational Organization of Master, Mates, & Pilots