U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), chair of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will hold a hearing on future funding for rural communications on Thursday, February 4, at 10:30 a.m.
The hearing will examine the Federal Communications Commission’s Universal Service Mobility Fund and Connect America Fund, with particular emphasis on which entities and technologies should be eligible to receive support.
- Mr. Darrington Seward, Managing Partner, Seward and Son Planting Company
- Mr. Steven K. Berry, President & CEO, Competitive Carriers Association (CCA)
- Mr. Jimmy Carr, CEO, All Points Broadband, testifying on behalf of Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA)
- Mr. Michael Rapelyea, Vice President for Government Affairs, ViaSat, Inc.
- LeRoy T. Carlson, Jr., Chairman, U.S. Cellular
* Witness list subject to change
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet hearing
This hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
For reporters interested in reserving a seat, please contact the press gallery:
• Periodical Press Gallery – 202-224-0265
• Radio/Television Gallery – 202-224-6421
• Press Photographers Gallery – 202-224-6548
• Daily Press Gallery – 202-224-0241
Individuals with disabilities who require an auxiliary aid or service, including closed captioning service for the webcast hearing, should contact Stephanie Gamache at 202-224-5511 at least three business days in advance of the hearing date.
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Darrington SewardManaging PartnerSeward and Son Planting CompanyDarrington Seward Testimony.pdf (244.51 KB)
Mr. Steven K. BerryPresident & CEOCompetitive Carriers Association (CCA)
Mr. Jimmy CarrCEOAll Points Broadband, testifying on behalf of Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA)James Carr Testimony.pdf (193.03 KB)
Mr. Michael RapelyeaVice President for Government AffairsViaSat, Inc.Michael Rapelyea Testimony.pdf (323.34 KB)
Mr. Leroy T. Carlson, Jr.ChairmanU.S. Cellular