U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security, will convene a hearing next week as part of an ongoing process for reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The hearing is entitled “FAA Reauthorization: Aviation Safety and General Aviation” and will take place on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, at 2:30 p.m.
Witnesses include the FAA’s top safety official, aviation stakeholders, the chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board, and Captain Chesley Sullenberger who will offer perspectives on key aviation safety and general aviation issues affecting the public.
- Ms. Margaret Gilligan, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, Federal Aviation Administration
- The Honorable Christopher Hart, Chairman, National Transportation Safety Board
- Ms. Faye Malarkey Black, Interim President, Regional Airline Association
- Captain Chesley Sullenberger
- Mr. Mark Baker, President and CEO, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
The hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on this page.
For reporters interested in reserving a seat, please contact the press gallery:
• Periodical Press Gallery – 202-224-0265
• Radio/Television Gallery – 202-224-6421
• Press Photographers Gallery – 202-224-6548
• Daily Press Gallery – 202-224-0241
Individuals with disabilities who require an auxiliary aid or service, including closed captioning service for the webcast hearing, should contact Stephanie Gamache at 202-224-5511 at least three business days in advance of the hearing date.
Witness Panel 1
Ms. Margaret GilliganAssociate Administrator for Aviation SafetyFederal Aviation Administration
The Honorable Christopher HartNational Transportation Safety Board
Ms. Faye Malarkey BlackInterim PresidentRegional Airline Association
Mr. Mark BakerPresident and CEOAircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Captain Chesley Sullenberger