WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security, will convene a hearing next week as part of an ongoing process for reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The hearing is entitled “FAA Reauthorization: Aviation Safety and General Aviation” and will take place on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, at 2:30 p.m.
Witnesses include the FAA’s top safety official, aviation stakeholders, the chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board, and Captain Chesley Sullenberger who will offer perspectives on key aviation safety and general aviation issues affecting the public.
- Ms. Margaret Gilligan, Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, Federal Aviation Administration
- The Honorable Christopher Hart, Chairman, National Transportation Safety Board
- Ms. Faye Malarkey Black, Interim President, Regional Airline Association
- Captain Chesley Sullenberger
- Mr. Mark Baker, President and CEO, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
The hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available at 1.usa.gov/1EsKxzo.