WASHINGTON - Today, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation approved six bills and approved nominations for two agencies.
Bills and nominations considered are as follows (all passed by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
1. Vote on final passage deferred/postponed: S. 571, Pilot Bill of Rights 2, Sponsors: Sens. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.), and 67 bipartisan cosponsors
2. S.1143, West Coast Dungeness Crab Management Act, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)
3. S.1518, Reinforcing American-Made Products Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Angus King, Jr. (I-Maine), Susan Collins (R-Maine)
4. S.1685, Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Al Franken (D-Minn.)
5. S.1916, Rural Health Care Connectivity Act of 2015, Sponsor: Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), John Hoeven (R-N.D.), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.)
6. S.2044, Consumer Review Freedom Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
a. Passed with Thune substitute amendment
7. S.2206, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
a. Passed with Sullivan substitute amendment
8. Derek Tai-Ching Kan, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
9. Anthony Coscia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors (reappointment; current chairman)
10. Nominations for Promotion in the United States Coast Guard
Click here for additional information on nominees.