U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen (D-Nev.), Chair of the Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade and Export Promotion, will convene a subcommittee hearing titled “Sustainable Tourism for a Thriving Economy” on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, at 10:00 AM ET. Fostering resilient and sustainable travel and tourism is a primary goal of the Department of Commerce’s 2022 National Travel and Tourism Strategy, as well as the main recommendation from the Travel and Tourism Advisory Board. This hearing will examine how to build a sustainable travel and tourism sector that integrates protecting natural resources, supporting the tourism economy and ensuring reasonable development. Additionally, the hearing will focus on how to balance the needs of businesses, visitors and local communities to support sustainable tourism, including businesses centered around outdoor recreation.
- Julie Regan, Executive Director, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
- Jean Garris Hand, Global ESG and Head of Sustainability, Hilton
- Amy Allison, Director, Western North Carolina: Made by Mountains Partnership
WHAT: Tourism, Trade and Export Promotion Subcommittee Hearing on Sustainable Tourism for a Thriving Economy
DATE: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
TIME: 10:00 AM ET
LOCATION: Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
LIVESTREAM: The hearing will stream live on the Committee website, Twitter and YouTube.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.