WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Jacky Rosen (D-NV), the Chair of the Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion, will convene a hearing titled, “Reviving International Travel and Tourism to Create and Restore Jobs,” at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. This hearing will examine the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on international travel to the United States, with a particular focus on ripple-effects on other industries, such as hospitality and tourism. It will also review regional impacts of COVID-19 on the communities and workers hardest hit by decreases in international travel to the United States. Witnesses will have the opportunity to provide their insights surrounding these critical issues, as well as discuss solutions for supporting, promoting, and revitalizing safe international travel to the U.S. moving forward, increasing international tourism, and supporting businesses and workers dependent on leisure and business travelers from abroad.
- Mr. William “Bill” D. Talbert III, President and CEO, Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Mr. Christopher Thompson, President and CEO, Brand USA
- Ms. Rosemary Vassiliadis, Director of Aviation, McCarran International Airport
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
3:00 p.m. EDT
Subcommittee on Tourism, Trade, and Export Promotion
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the markup. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this markup via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Christopher ThompsonPresident and CEOBrand USA
Ms. Rosemary VassiliadisDirector of AviationMcCarran International Airport
Mr. William TalbertPresident and CEOGreater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau