Subcommittee: Prepare for Takeoff: America’s Safe Return to Air Travel
WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), the Chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation will convene a hearing titled, “Prepare for Takeoff: America’s Safe Return to Air Travel,” at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. The hearing will examine the safe return to air travel in the United States as many Americans are getting vaccinated and testing availability has increased in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Assessing the aviation industry’s rebound, the impact of federal COVID-19 relief programs for commercial aviation and the appropriate health and safety precautions as Americans return to air travel in larger numbers will be considered.
- Ms. Charlene Reynolds, Assistant Aviation Director, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Mr. Nick Calio, President and CEO, Airlines for America
- Ms. Sara Nelson, International President, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
- Dr. Leonard Marcus, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
2:30 p.m. EDT
Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations, and Innovation (Hybrid)
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Nick CalioPresident and CEOAirlines for America
Ms. Charlene ReynoldsAssistant Aviation DirectorPhoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Ms. Sara NelsonInternational PresidentAssociation of Flight Attendants-CWA
Dr. Leonard MarcusHarvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health