WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA), the Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene an executive session at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 to consider the following measures:
1. S.15, Protecting Seniors from Emergency Scams Act; Sponsors: Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Jerry Moran (R-KS), Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
2. S.115, Protecting Tourism in the United States Act; Sponsors: Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Roy Blunt (R-MO), Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Rick Scott (R-FL)
3. S.120, Safe Connections Act; Sponsors: Sens. Brian Schatz (D-HI), Deb Fischer (R-NE), Rick Scott (R-FL), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
4. S.163, Telecommunications Skilled Workforce Act; Sponsors: Sens. John Thune, (R-SD) Jon Tester (D-MT), Gary Peters (D-MI), Roger Wicker (R-MS), Jerry Moran (R-KS)
5. S.198, Data Mapping to Save Mom’s Lives Act; Sponsors: Sens. Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Deb Fischer (R-NE), Todd Young (R-IN), Brian Schatz (D-HI), Ed Markey (D-MA), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Gary Peters (D-MI)
6. S. 381, National Ocean Exploration Act; Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-MS), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Brian Schatz (D-HI)
7. S. 558, FLOODS Act; Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-MS), Gary Peters (D-MI)
8. S.576, Great Lakes Winter Commerce Act; Sponsors: Sens. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Todd Young (R-IN), Gary Peters (D-MI)
9. S.735, Advanced Technological Manufacturing Act; Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker (R-MS), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Jacky Rosen (D-NV)
10. S.1259 Safe Cribs Act; Sponsors: Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Rob Portman (R-OH), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
11. Nomination of Donet Dominic Graves Jr., of Ohio, to be Deputy Secretary of Commerce (PN79-3)
12. Nomination of Bill Nelson, of Florida, to be to be National Aeronautics and Space Administration Administrator (PN255)
Executive Session Details:
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
10:00 a.m. EDT
Full Committee (No Remote Option)
Executive Session #6
This markup will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the markup. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this markup via the live stream.
**Note: Agenda updated 4/27/21
***Note: Agenda updated 4/28/21
Ranking Member Roger Wicker
Thank you, Senator Klobuchar.
We have a quorum now, and quorums are sometimes fleeting with all the membership so I will try to be very brief.
The agenda we will vote on momentarily represents hours and hours and days and days of work by the staff members of this committee and also consensus building among the members of the committee. So I congratulate each and other one of you for working with us.
I will mention two bills Senator Cantwell and I worked on together.
The National Ocean Exploration Act will improve the way we explore and map our oceans by strengthening and elevating research programs at NOAA.
The Advanced Technological Manufacturing Act will support community and technical colleges in preparing students to begin their careers in new and emerging sectors.
I will be voting Yes on two nominees before this committee, one being my friend and former colleague, Bill Nelson. The other being Don Graves nominated for Deputy Secretary of Commerce. Both of these nominees are well suited and should gain consensus support.
Thank you, again, Senator Klobuchar.