WASHINGTON – The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation today approved seven bills and six nominations, which are now all subject to approval by the full Senate:
Bills and nominations considered are as follows (approved by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
- S. 804, Empowering Rural Economies Through Alaska Native Sustainable Arts and Handicrafts Act, Sponsor: Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska
- S. 1626, Government Spectrum Valuation Act, Sponsor: Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah
- S. 3831, Visit America Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii
- Scott 2 (as modified)
- S. 4159, E-SIGN Modernization Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune, R-S.D., Jerry Moran, R-Kan., Todd Young, R-Ind. (Roll call vote: 14-12)
- S. 4286, Research Investment to Spark the Economy (RISE) Act, Sponsors: Sens. Edward Markey, D-Mass., Gary Peters, D-Mich., Cory Gardner, R-Colo.
- S. 4462, Flood Level Observation, Operations, and Decision Support (FLOODS) Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Gary Peters, D-Mich.
- S. 4568, Forensic Science Research and Standards Act, Sponsors: Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
- Nomination of Eric Soskin, of Virginia, to be Inspector General, Department of Transportation (Roll call vote: 14-12)
- Nomination of Robert Primus, of New Jersey, to be a Member of the Surface Transportation Board
- Nominations of Theodore Rokita, of Indiana, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors (Roll call vote: 14-12 [full term])
- Nomination of Sarah Feinberg, of West Virginia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors
- Nomination of Chris Koos, of Illinois, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors