Committee Announces Hearing on the Current State of Transportation and Critical Infrastructure
May 27, 2020
WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “The State of Transportation and Critical Infrastructure: Examining the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic,” at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. The hearing will examine the impact of COVID-19 on surface transportation and the supply chain. Witnesses will discuss how the surface transportation stakeholders have responded to the pandemic and how they have continued to provide critical services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Mr. John Bozzella, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
- Mr. Randy Guillot, Chairman of the Board, American Trucking Associations
- Mr. Ian Jefferies, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of American Railroads
- Mr. Alex Oehler, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, Interstate Natural Gas Association of America
- Mr. Larry Willis, President, Transportation Trades Department, American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Full Committee Hearing
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building G50. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.