10:00 AM Dirksen Senate Office Building 562
U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., chairman of the Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather, will convene a hearing titled, “Securing U.S. Leadership in the Bioeconomy,” at 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The hearing will examine the bioeconomy, the federal government’s role in the bioeconomy, and the potential risks from such research. Witnesses will also discuss the necessary policies and practices for the advancement of biotechnology.
- Dr. Timothy Donohue, Director of the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Mr. Jason Gammack, Chief Commercial Officer, Inscripta Inc.
- Dr. Jason Kelly, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Dr. Megan Palmer, Senior Research Scholar, Center for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Dr. Timothy DonohueDirectorGreat Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Mr. Jason GammackChief Commercial OfficerInscripta Inc.
Dr. Jason KellyCo-Founder and Chief Executive OfficerGinkgo Bioworks
Dr. Megan PalmerSenior Research ScholarCenter for International Security and Cooperation, Stanford University