02:30 PM Russell Senate Office Building 253
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, chairman of the Subcommittee on Aviation and Space, will convene a hearing titled, “From SARS to Coronavirus: Examining the Role of Global Aviation in Containing the Spread of Infectious Disease,” at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4, 2020. This hearing will examine the role of the global air transportation industry in mitigating the spread of the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Witnesses will discuss the progression of the outbreak, the global airline industry’s response to the spread of COVID-19, the sharing of accurate health and safety data for screening at airports, and any possible improvements to the air travel industry’s strategies for mitigating pandemics.
- The Honorable Joel Szabat, Acting Under Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Dr. Stephen Redd, Director, Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mr. William Ferrara, Executive Assistant Commissioner for Operations Support, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Subcommittee on Aviation and Space
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witness list updated 3/4/2020
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Dr. Stephen ReddDirectorOffice of Public Health Preparedness and Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Honorable Joel SzabatActing Under Secretary for PolicyU.S. Department of Transportation
Mr. William FerraraExecutive Assistant Commissioner for Operations SupportU.S. Customs and Border Protection