WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “The 5G Workforce and Obstacles to Broadband Deployment,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 22, 2020. This hearing will examine the skills and training needed among the telecommunications workforce to deploy 5G networks, as well as ongoing efforts within the public and private sectors to address the 5G labor shortage. Witnesses will also discuss regulatory barriers that may impede U.S. leadership in next generation communications technology and efforts to close the digital divide.
- The Honorable Brendan Carr, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Ms. Shirley Bloomfield, Chief Executive Officer, NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association
- Mr. Harold Feld, Senior Vice President, Public Knowledge
- Mr. Jimmy Miller, President and Chief Executive Officer, MillerCo, Inc.; Chairman, National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE)
- Ms. Lisa Youngers, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fiber Broadband Association
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*Note: Witness list updated on 1/22/20