10:00 AM Hart Senate Office Building 216
U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer, R-Neb., chairman of the Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety, will convene a hearing titled, “Building Infrastructure in America: Overview of the Build America Bureau and the U.S. Department of Transportation Rural Transportation Initiatives,” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 28, 2020. The hearing will evaluate the implementation of the Build America Bureau, as required by the Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. Witnesses will also discuss the U.S. Department of Transportation’s recent efforts to support rural infrastructure projects, such as the Rural Opportunities to Use Transportation for Economic Success (ROUTES) Initiative and the Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (RRIF) Express program for short-line railroads.
- The Honorable Joel Szabat, Acting Under Secretary of Transportation for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Dr. Morteza Farajian, Executive Director, Build America Bureau, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Mr. John McCarthy, Co-Chair, The Northwest Seaport Alliance
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
This hearing will take place in the Hart Senate Office Building 216. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
The Honorable Joel SzabatActing Under Secretary of Transportation for PolicyU.S. Department of Transportation
Dr. Morteza FarajianExecutive Director, Build America BureauU.S. Department of Transportation
Mr. John McCarthyCo-ChairThe Northwest Seaport Alliance