02:30 PM Dirksen Senate Office Building 562
U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, chairman of the Subcommittee on Security, will convene a hearing titled, “Strengthening the Cybersecurity of the Internet of Things,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. The hearing will examine the security threats and challenges posed by the Internet of Things (IoT), and ways to incentivize building more cybersecurity by design into connected devices and the networks that support them. The hearing will also examine the importance of 5G network security to connected devices and the manner in which the federal government, businesses community, and consumers can promote and support increased IoT cybersecurity.
- Mr. Michael Bergman, Vice President, Technology & Standards, Consumer Technology Association
- Mr. Matthew Eggers, Vice President, Cybersecurity Policy, U.S Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Harley Geiger, Director of Public Policy, Rapid7
- Mr. Robert Mayer, Senior Vice President for Cybersecurity, US Telecom – The Broadband Association
- Dr. Charles Romine, Director, Information Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Subcommittee on Security
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building 562. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Michael BergmanVice PresidentTechnology & Standards, Consumer Technology Association
Mr. Matthew EggersVice PresidentCybersecurity Policy, U.S Chamber of Commerce
Mr. Harley GeigerDirector of Public PolicyRapid7
Mr. Robert MayerSenior Vice President for CybersecurityUS Telecom – The Broadband Association
Dr. Charles RomineDirectorInformation Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology