U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, will convene a hearing titled “Enhancing the Marine Mammal Protection Act,” at 2:30 p.m. on April 25, 2018. The hearing will examine the Marine Mammal Protection Act and ways to improve it, in light of potential conflicts with the Endangered Species Act, the needs of tribal and indigenous communities, and the role of zoos and aquariums in marine mammal conservation.
The hearing was previously scheduled for March 22, 2018 but was postponed due to weather.
• Mr. Chris Oliver, Assistant Administrator for Fisheries, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• Mr. Mike Miller, Chairman, Indigenous People’s Council for Marine Mammals
• Mr. Guy Norman, Chair, Fish and Wildlife Committee, Northwest Power and Conservation Council
• Dr. Rae Stone, President and Partner, Dolphin Quest
• Ms. Jane Davenport, Senior Attorney, Conservation Law Division, Defenders of Wildlife
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Chris OliverAssistant Administrator for FisheriesNational Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Mr. Mike MillerChairmanIndigenous People’s Council for Marine Mammals
Mr. Guy NormanChairFish and Wildlife Committee, Northwest Power and Conservation Council
Dr. Rae StonePresident & PartnerDolphin Quest
Ms. Jane DavenportSenior AttorneyConservation Law Division, Defenders of Wildlife