WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation’s Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security, will convene a hearing titled, “Update on NHTSA and Automaker Efforts to Repair Defective Takata Air Bag Inflators,” at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. The hearing will examine the steps both the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and other stakeholders have taken in response to the ongoing Takata air bag inflator recalls.
- Ms. Heidi King, Deputy Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, US Department of Transportation
- Mr. John Buretta, Independent Monitor of Takata, And Coordinated Remedy Program
- Mr. David Kelly, Project Director, Independent Testing Coalition
- Mr. Joe Perkins, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Key Safety Systems
- Mr. Rick Schostek, Executive Vice President, Honda North America
- Ms. Desi Ujkashevic, Global Director, Automotive Safety Office, Ford Motor Company
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.