U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), chairman of the Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, will convene the rescheduled hearing titled “Reopening the American Frontier: Promoting Partnerships Between Commercial Space and the U.S. Government to Advance Exploration and Settlement” at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 13, 2017. The subcommittee will examine partnerships between the U.S. government and commercial space industry to advance space exploration.
• Mr. Robert Cabana, Director, NASA Kennedy Space Center
• Mr. Tim Ellis, Co-Founder and CEO, Relativity
• Mr. Tim Hughes, Senior Vice President, Global Business and Government Affairs, SpaceX
• Dr. Moriba K. Jah, Associate Professor, Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Cockell School of Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
• Mr. Jeffrey Manber, CEO, Nanoracks
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Robert CabanaDirectorNASA Kennedy Space Center
Mr. Tim EllisCo-Founder and CEORelativity
Mr. Tim HughesSenior Vice President, Global Business and Government AffairsSpaceX
Dr. Moriba K. JahAssociate Professor, Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Cockell School of EngineeringThe University of Texas at Austin
Mr. Jeffrey ManberCEONanoracks