WASHINGTON – The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation today approved five bills and the nomination of Jeffrey Rosen to serve as Deputy Secretary for the Department of Transportation.
Bills and nominations approved are as follows (approved by voice vote unless otherwise noted):
1. S. 763, Surface and Maritime Transportation Security Act, Sponsors: Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
2. S. 61, A bill to remove the sunset provision of section 203 of Public Law 105-384 (the Dungeness Crabs bill), Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.
3. S. 701, A bill to improve the competitiveness of United States manufacturing by designating and supporting manufacturing communities, Sponsors: Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Shelley Capito (R-W.V.), Angus King (I-Maine), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisc.)
a. Klobuchar 1, as modified
4. S. 756, Save Our Shores Act of 2017, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Coons (D-Del.) Gary Peters (D-Mich.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
5. S. 770, Making Available Information Now to Strengthen Trust and Resilience and Enhance Enterprise Technology (MAIN STREET) Cybersecurity Act, Sponsors: Sens. Brian Schatz (D-Hawai’i), James Risch (R-Idaho), John Thune (R-S.D.), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.)
a. Schatz 1, as modified
6. Jeffrey A. Rosen, of Virginia, to be Deputy Secretary of Transportation (agreed to by roll call vote: 15-12)