U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), chair of the Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security, will convene this hearing as part of an ongoing process for reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Sen. Ayotte will convene a hearing on Thursday, April 23, 2015, at 9:45 a.m. entitled, “FAA Reauthorization: Airport Issues and Infrastructure Financing.”
The subcommittee will examine the funding of airport capital needs through the Airport Improvement Program (AIP), Passenger Facility Charge (PFC), tax-exempt bonds, and state and local grants, among other sources. The hearing will also examine the Federal Contract Tower program, small community air service issues, aircraft noise, and the Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program.
• Dr. Gerald Dillingham, Director of Civil Aviation Issues, U.S. Government Accountability Office
• Ms. Sharon Pinkerton, Senior Vice President, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, Airlines for America
• Mr. Todd Hauptli, President and CEO, American Association of Airport Executives
• Mr. Mark Reis, Managing Director, Aviation Division, Port of Seattle
• Mr. Michael J. Minerva, Vice President, Government and Airport Affairs, American Airlines
Thursday, April 23, 2015
**9:45 a.m. (time changed to 9:45 a.m. from 10:00 a.m.)**
This hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available at this page.
For reporters interested in reserving a seat, please contact the press gallery:
• Periodical Press Gallery – 202-224-0265
• Radio/Television Gallery – 202-224-6421
• Press Photographers Gallery – 202-224-6548
• Daily Press Gallery – 202-224-0241
Individuals with disabilities who require an auxiliary aid or service, including closed captioning service for the webcast hearing, should contact Stephanie Gamache at 202-224-5511 at least three business days in advance of the hearing date.
Witness Panel 1
Dr. Gerald DillinghamDirector of Civil Aviation IssuesU.S. Government Accountability Office
Ms. Sharon PinkertonSenior Vice President, Legislative and Regulatory AffairsAirlines for America
Mr. Todd HauptliPresident and CEOAmerican Association of Airport Executives
Mr. Mark ReisManaging Director, Aviation DivisionPort of Seattle
Mr. Michael J. MinervaVice President, Government and Airport AffairsAmerican Airlines