The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, to which committee shall be referred all proposed legislation, messages, petitions, memorials, and other matters relating to the following subjects:
- Coast Guard.
- Coastal zone management.
- Highway safety.
- Inland waterways, except construction.
- Interstate commerce.
- Marine and ocean navigation, safety, and transportation, including navigational aspects of deepwater ports.
- Marine fisheries.
- Merchant marine and navigation.
- Nonmilitary aeronautical and space sciences.
- Oceans, weather, and atmospheric activities.
- Panama Canal and interoceanic canals generally, except as provided in subparagraph (c).
- Regulation of consumer products and services, including testing related to toxic substances, other than pesticides, and except for credit, financial services, and housing.
- Regulation of interstate common carriers, including railroads, buses, trucks, vessels, pipelines, and civil aviation.
- Science, engineering, and technology research and development and policy.
- Standards and measurement.
- Transportation and commerce aspects of Outer Continental Shelf lands.
Such committee shall also study and review, on a comprehensive basis, all matters relating to science and technology, oceans policy, transportation, communications, and consumer affairs, and report thereon from time to time.
Excerpted from the Standing Rules of the Senate, July 2001.