WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Chair of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a full committee hearing titled "Oversight of the U.S. Airline Industry" at 2:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 15, 2021. In response to severe impacts and disruptions to the U.S. airline industry caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress designed the Payroll Support Program (PSP) to protect the airline workforce, support the continuity of safe and essential travel, and ensure the industry’s ability to remain viable to meet future travel demand. This hearing will examine the impact of PSP funding issued to the commercial airline sector, including the effect on the airline industry’s workforce, and the effect of airline operational performance on American consumers.
- Mr. Doug Parker, CEO, American Airlines
- Mr. Gary Kelly, CEO, Southwest Airlines
- Mr. Scott Kirby, CEO, United Airlines
- Mr. John Laughter, Executive Vice President and Chief of Operations, Delta Air Lines
- Ms. Sara Nelson, International President, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
- Mr. Mike Tretheway, Chief Economist and Executive Vice President, InterVISTAS Consulting Inc.
2:30 p.m. ET
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Committee Hearing Room, Russell 253
WATCH LIVE STREAM: www.commerce.senate.gov
Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream. Social distancing is now lifted for vaccinated members of the press who wish to attend. The Office of the Attending Physician recommends that all individuals wear masks while in interior spaces and other individuals are present
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Chair Maria Cantwell
Mr. Doug ParkerCEOAmerican Airlines
Mr. Gary KellyCEOSouthwest Airlines
Mr. Scott KirbyCEOUnited Airlines
Mr. John LaughterExecutive Vice President and Chief of OperationsDelta Air Lines
Ms. Sara NelsonInternational PresidentAssociation of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
Mr. Mike TrethewayChief Economist and Executive Vice PresidentInterVISTAS Consulting Inc.
Mr. Ben MinicucciCEOAlaska Airlines
Mr. Robin HayesCEOJetBlue