10:00 AM Russell Senate Office Building 253
U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., chairman of the Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection, will convene a hearing titled, “Examining the Impact of COVID-19 on the Live Event Entertainment Industry,” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 15, 2020. The hearing will examine the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the live event entertainment industry and the challenges faced by artists and venues, as well as supporting industries such as lighting and transportation. The hearing will also examine proposals for legislative relief, unemployment compensation, and healthcare subsidies.
- Mr. David Fay, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- Mr. Adam Hartke, Owner, Cotillion and WAVE
- Mr. Ron Laffitte, President, Patriot Management
- Mr. Pete Pantuso, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Bus Association
- Mr. Michael Strickland, Owner, Bandit Lites
*Witness list subject to change
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection (Hybrid)
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
*In order to maintain physical distancing as advised by the Office of the Attending Physician, seating for credentialed press will be limited throughout the course of the hearing. Due to current limited access to the Capitol complex, the general public is encouraged to view this hearing via the live stream.
*Note: Witness list updated 12/14
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Adam HartkeOwnerCotillion and WAVE
Mr. Ron LaffittePresidentPatriot Management
Mr. Pete PantusoPresident and Chief Executive OfficerAmerican Bus Association
Mr. Michael StricklandOwnerBandit Lites
Mr. David FayPresident and Chief Executive OfficerThe Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts