10:00 AM Dirksen G50
U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene the first full committee hearing of the 116th Congress titled, “Winning the Race to 5G and the Next Era of Technology Innovation in the United States.” The exact start time of the hearing is contingent on the conclusion of an earlier and separate Commerce Committee business meeting that will be open to the public in the same hearing room. This hearing will focus on key steps to maintain U.S. global leadership in next-generation communications technology,spectrum needs to accelerate deployment, and new applications and services consumers can expect with 5G deployments. The hearing will also examine current efforts to modernize infrastructure siting policies and the security of 5G networks.
“The committee’s first hearing on 5G deployment and technology innovation will highlight an important issue not only to Mississippians, but to all Americans,” said Wicker. “Expanding broadband service and fostering innovation are top priorities of mine, and I look forward to continuing the committee’s efforts to close the digital divide in our nation and maintain U.S. leadership in 5G technology.”
- Mr. Steve Berry, President and CEO, Competitive Carriers Association
- Mr. Shailen Bhatt, President and CEO, Intelligent Transportation Society of America
- Mr. Brad Gillen, Executive Vice President, CTIA
- Mr. Michael Wessel, Commissioner, U.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission
- Ms. Kim Zentz, Chief Executive Officer, Urbanova
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in the Dirksen Senate Office Building in G50. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Brad GillenExecutive Vice PresidentCTIA
Mr. Steve BerryPresident and Chief Executive OfficerCompetitive Carriers Association
Mr. Shailen BhattPresident and Chief Executive OfficerIntelligent Transportation Society of America
Mr. Michael WesselCommissionerU.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission
Ms. Kim ZentzChief Executive OfficerUrbanova