U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security, will convene a hearing titled “Insurance Fraud in America: Current Issues Facing Industry and Consumers” at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday, August 3, 2017. The subcommittee will examine insurance fraud trends in the United States and explore tools available to states, insurers, and consumers to protect themselves against these crimes.
• The Honorable John Doak, Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner, testifying on behalf of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
• Mr. Dennis Jay, Executive Director, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
• Mr. Sean Kevelighan, Chief Executive Officer, Insurance Information Institute
• Mr. Tim Lynch, Director of Government Affairs, National Insurance Crime Bureau
• Ms. Rachel Weintraub, General Counsel, Consumer Federation of America
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
NOTE: The hearing time was moved to 9:45 a.m. (previously scheduled for 10:00 a.m.).
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable John DoakOklahoma Insurance Commissioner, testifying on behalf of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
Mr. Dennis JayExecutive DirectorCoalition Against Insurance Fraud
Mr. Sean KevelighanChief Executive OfficerInsurance Information Institute
Mr. Tim LynchDirector of Government AffairsNational Insurance Crime Bureau
Ms. Rachel WeintraubGeneral CounselConsumer Federation of America
Chairman Jerry Moran