U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), chairman of the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet, will convene a hearing titled “Digital Decision-Making: The Building Blocks of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence,” at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 12, 2017. The hearing will examine the benefits of artificial intelligence (AI) in today’s digital economy, the development of algorithms powering AI, and what practices are in place or should be in place to ensure proper use of this technology.
- Dr. Cindy Bethel, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mississippi State University
- Mr. Daniel Castro, Vice President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Ms. Victoria Espinel, Chief Executive Officer, The Software Alliance
- Dr. Edward Felten, Ph.D., Robert E. Kahn Professor of Computer Science and Public Affairs, Princeton University.
- Dr. Dario Gil, Ph.D., Vice President, IBM Research AI and IBM Q, IBM
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
This hearing will take place in Russell Senate Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
Witness Panel 1
Dario GilVice PresidentAI and IBM Q
Edward W. FeltenProfessor of Computer Science and Public AffairsPrinceton University
Victoria EspinelPresident and CEOBSA | The Software Alliance
Daniel CastroVice PresidentInformation Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)
Dr. Cindy L. BethelAssociate Professor of Computer Science and EngineeringMississippi State University